Thursday, September 11, 2008

Introducing Sarah Caterisano, Your Holiday Finalist


Meet our finalist of the day! Read on to learn a bit about her and her entry.
If you like what you see, comment right here--everybody likes props on their hard work! And check back weekdays through October 3 to meet the rest of the finalists.




Tell us one of your best (or most entertaining) holiday memories.
One year, I finally got to pick out the Christmas lights. I chose a dark blue-purple that I thought would look really cool. At the end of the day when they were all set up, we plugged it in and they were the hottest shade of pink you can imagine. Everyone this year, mind you, chose white lights. It was like Winter Wonderland until you took a pit stop at Las Vegas.

I got in the holiday mood for this contest by . . .
It's still hot here, so I wanted to create something that reminded me of snow and cold air. So I stuck my head in the freezer, closed my eyes, and smelled Pine-Sol, and voila!

Why is your card the perfect choice for anyone sending holiday cards this season?
I think the fresh colors and friendly design could be sent as a card to any friend or acquaintance, yet the idea of the design is sentimental enough for your closest family or loved ones.

Tell us (and the world) a little about yourself.
I love to turn inanimate objects into little monsters in my sketchbook. I like to sit and draw at 24-hour coffee shops with my friends, play the guitar & piano, and hang out with my baby cousins.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I really like your card! Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

Very cute!

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

Love the colors you chose!
Congratulations!!!

Erin McGuire said...

This card rocks. The most huggable christmas tree ever. Congratulations :) :)

Anonymous said...

Outstanding card design! I will send this to everyone this year.

Tiffany Bogus said...

Caterisano! This is adorable, and your texture usage is awesome ;D

Unknown said...

funnest (or is it most fun) card, yet!

Sarah Watts said...

Woot woot I love it!