Monday, September 29, 2008

Introducing Helene Childress, Your Holiday Finalist

Meet our finalist of the day! Read on to learn a bit about her and her entry!
If you like what you see, comment right here--everybody likes props on their hard work! And check back weekdays through October 3 to meet the rest of the finalists.

Tell us one of your best (or most entertaining) holiday memories.
I saw Santa Claus. I was one lucky kid.

I got in the holiday mood for this contest by . . .
Drinking hot chocolate and googling Christmas trees!

Why is your card the perfect choice for anyone sending holiday cards this season?
This card could be given to anyone regardless of religion or culture. And it's purdy! What more could you want from a holiday card.

Tell us (and the world) a little bit about yourself.
I am a graphic designer with a love for typography, music and books. I collect letterpress posters, lo-fi cameras and elegant wine bottles. I am forever grateful for my family (as quirky as they may be) and for my black lab, Alexis, and my amazing boyfriend, Santi. I wish all my friends and family a peaceful and love-filled holiday season!

12 comments:

MarshaWC said...

lovely lovely card.... this will be my choice of cards to send out to friends and my quirky family this christmas season !!!!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Helene! Keep up the great work. Family may be a little quirky, but fun to be around!!

Nicole said...

Very elegant.

Jennifer said...

Hello Helene! This is your cousin Jennifer. I just LOVE your beautiful card. You have such talent! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Very purdy!!!

Stephanie said...

Fabulous! Great job!!

Jelena said...

Helene, what a beautifully designed card!! I would love to send this to my family and friends!! Have a peaceful and "quirky" holiday with your family, Helene!! Good job!!

Tracy said...

Hi Helene! This is Tracy, Kristy's older sister! I love your card, your very talented! Congratulations on almost being famous!

Anonymous said...

When you lived in our neighborhood, I knew the baby Helene. Congratulations on your talent and achievement.
Francine Graham

Unknown said...

What a lovely card. If only the world would accept it's simple but powerful message. I would love to send this card out at Christmas, and a special one to a friend in Tenn.

Ralph

Anonymous said...

Helene, this just just the perfect card! It says exactly what is in my heart each and every holiday. You've created a card that is perfectly suited for all. Good job!! I KNOW your quirky family is so very proud of you. I feel that you will go far in the design world, Helene. Congratulations on being a much deserved finalist!

Denby :)

aymie. said...

Definitely my favorite design, by far. I'm not much of a Christmas person, but I would *definitely* send this card out. It's not corny or typical. I really do love the design, Hellene!