Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Introducing Eric Ransom, Your Holiday Finalist


Meet our finalist of the day! Read on to learn a bit about him and his entry.
If you like what you see, comment right here--everybody likes props on their hard work! And check back weekdays through October 3 to meet the rest of the finalists.




Tell us one of your best (or most entertaining) holiday memories.
When I was around seven years old, my older brother insisted that we practice sneaking out of bed at night in anticipation of Christmas Eve. So, while the rest of the family was downstairs watching TV in the evenings, we were upstairs running drill after drill of the whole process in the dark: getting out of bed as quietly as possible, moving across the room and down the hall while avoiding all the creaking floorboards, and reaching the living room to plug in the Christmas tree lights where on Christmas Eve all the presents would be displayed. I thought it was fun until, in my effort to plug in the lights in the dark, my finger got in the way of the plug and the two hit together right at the socket and wham! What felt like the biggest shock ever was probably just a small harmless one, but it did convince me to end the proceedings and to just wait until Christmas morning where the real shock of joy was waiting for us.

I got in the holiday mood for this contest by . . .
Going through old Christmas photos and listening to holiday tunes.

Why is your card the perfect choice for anyone sending holiday cards this season?
My wreath is a simple yet spirited design with mass appeal. It represents a universal theme of strength and unity and is an instantly recognizable symbol of the holiday season.

Tell us (and the world) a little bit about yourself.
I do a great impersonation of Beeker from the Muppets!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Looks terrific! Very nice. Congrats!

Nicole said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Simple and lovely. Nicely done, Eric. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I like simple geometric designs, love the card!!! It's great!

30 days ago said...

I love the simplicity Eric..

Anonymous said...

I love it, I love it, I love it...Beeker would be proud.
like the universal theme.

Unknown said...

so far three cards and three completely different styles. loving the choices and a round of applause to the judges.

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

simple, but intricately rich and inviting...great job, Eric!
Love it

spirit-writer said...

This design is so clean and crisp. Very nice job!

Tiffany Bogus said...

Simple and pretty, I love it! The green shade is really refreshing too, nice choice!

Seda said...

Love the red berries - they bring joy to the heart and a smile to my face. Great design! Congrats!