Monday, February 15, 2010

Gotta Laugh: True Stories

We all go through rough patches in our lives and one key to getting through those times is definitely humor. In the spirit of A Girl's Gotta Laugh, I'm sharing true stories from our team about how laughter has been the best medicine for what ails us (or the people we love). Feel free to share your stories in the comments section or on our Facebook page. We'd love to hear from you!

The first story I'll share is about my mom. She had cancer when I was in high school and I remember her getting lots and lots of mail when she was sick. Recently, when I asked her if she recalled any favorite cards, she immediately brought up this one...

Cover:


Inside:


One of her funny friends had sent it after Mom's surgery and Mom hooted with laughter as soon as she opened it. She kept the card propped up on her nightstand as a reminder to stay lighthearted even through the scary stuff. I love that her friend took a risk, made Mom laugh and gave us a good memory. It's amazing how humor sticks with you.

What's your story?

1 comment:

Summer said...

Now that's a "Lemon" card if I've ever heard one!